After completing Bachelors Degrees in French Commercial Studies and Advertising, Marshall completed a Master of Arts in European Union Studies at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign in May 2018.
As part of the Masters requirements, Marshall wrote a defended his thesis entitled “A Comparison of the Impact of Far-Right Parties on the Effectiveness of Integration Between Wallonia and Quebec.”
Preliminary Findings Presentation at EU Day [image]
Thesis Defense [image]
For more information, or if you would like to receive a copy of this thesis, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the two-year program, Marshall took courses in a variety of subject-areas including:
- Arabic (2-time FLAS Fellow)
- 2 Semesters of Elementary Standard Arabic
- 2 Semesters of Intermediate Standard Arabic
- Educational Policy Studies
- Education and Globalization
- Globalization of Higher Education
- European Union Studies
- Dialogue on Europe
- EU Institutions & Governance
- The EU in a Global Context
- Research Design & Technique
- Immigration, Integration & the EU
- History of the French Language
- Language and Minorities in Europe
- Contemporary France
- Beginning German II
- Intermediate German I
Washington, D.C. Trip (March 2017)
- Marshall was selected as one of six students to attend a professional development trip to Washington, D.C.
- The cohort met with their local representatives, governmental organizations, and multiple think tanks to discuss the impact of the UIUC EU Center.
15th Annual EU Day (March 15, 2017)